Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hurray for Me!

Okay folks - right after President Hinckley passed away I got an email suggesting that everyone wanting to honor President Hinckley and his life should read the Book of Mormon in 97 days (because he was 97 years old). The organizers were calling it Warriors for Hinckley or something like that.  You may have noticed my graph on my blog tracking my progress.  Well ... the 97th day will be on May 10th and I finished reading on May 7th!  (I'm very proud of myself.) Is there a prize involved and what is it?  Does it mean I am the queen warrior?  Does it mean that I get to persecute the "lesser" (32,000+) warriors?  Does it mean that I get more blessings?  I think it does.  (I don't want to hear any crap about being prideful either!)  Yippee for me!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

It mean you and I can no longer be friends since I wont be able to be around you without wearing shades! (I think it's wonderful that you did this...I wish I had the drive!)

Ashley Baird said...

Way to go lady!!!! I am very jealous. That is quite the accomplishment. I would be lucky to get out of Nephi in 97 days. I had never heard of that challenge and it's probably a good thing because I would still be sitting here looking for my scriptures. They've been lost now for 7 years as a result of our first move from Layton. I was hoping to find them with this move, but no such luck!! Guess it's time to buy some more. Way to go Susie Q, we shall all except a book report at our next sleepover.

Gail said...

Yeah, you've always been one of those overachievers. I'm with Ashley...I have a hard time making it out of Nephi. Way to go, girl.

snakeriverwalton said...

wow- you are always showing us up. Next you'll decide to read the Old Testament just for fun or somthing way spiritual like that.