Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Few Days in My Paradise

Okay - so MOMD and I are back from Colorado where he was taking a carving class from the world famous(?) Phil and Vickie Bishop from Oklahoma. He was in hog heaven ... and SO WAS I!!! Just look at the perfect set-up that was waiting for me when I arrived at the Hampton Inn -- a perfect desk to scrap at and a comfy chair to sit in and read (note books on bedside table).




I had the best time ever! Everyday MOMD would come home from carving and say to me, "I feel so sorry for you -- you must be so bored." I would say, "I would sacrifice anything to make you happy" ... oh wait, that's not what I would say. I would say, "ARE YOU NUTS? I'm having the best time of my life. Can you go back and carve for a little longer?" (I wouldn't really say that last part.) Let me just say this - it was awesome! The first day (Friday) I did not turn on the radio, did not turn on the TV, or listen to my iPod. I was basking in complete silence. At that moment, my life was perfect. The second day I watched TV (Evan Almighty) while I ate my lunch (Sun Chips) and then the TV went off again. I completed my entire All About Me album (with the exception of a couple of pictures that I need to add). I was so relaxed. The last day (Sunday) we had to check out of our room before the class had ended so I packed up my Cathy Zielske Clean & Simple book (that I've NEVER read because it was loaned out) and read that while I waited for MOMD to finish his masterpiece. AGAIN - I was as happy as a pig in mud.


Speaking of Cathy Zielske - I think she is my new Oprah! I am not kidding. I thought Oprah was the neatest thing since toilet paper on the roll but now I am leaning toward Cathy. I haven't been so inspired to scrap my own way (without embellishments, torn paper, chalk, colored pens, etc.) EVER. She is a goddess! I haven't read her blog yet, but you can bet I will be adding it to my blog favorites soon. I want to be just like her. In fact, I just had one of my boys take my picture looking up at the camera with a big smile on my face (just like Cathy). The result was not quite the same. (Maybe if I cut my hair really short ...)

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow. No wonder we are friends. That sounds like the most ideal vacation ever. I would looooveeeee to hole up in a hotel room all by myself and do exactly what you did...I would of been eating sun chips the entire time though, not just for lunch! I am excited to see your all about me book...maybe it will inspire me to do mine. Read Cathy's blog. I love her...and Oprah? Oprah who? Hey, did you get your necklace?

Gail said...

I can't wait to see your book since you won't post pics on here. I was just imagining how it would to be all alone in a hotel room...and then I heard a yell from the bathroom...I'm DONE! Back to reality. You are a lucky girl.