Saturday, April 19, 2008
Temple Trip - Mormon-speak alert
I had an interesting experience today that hit me smack dab in the heart. My dad had invited MOMD and me to go to the temple with him, my mom, their ward, and my aunt. (We were doing a session and having dinner in the temple cafeteria afterward.) Our little family group arrived at the temple and walked up to the recommend desk. No big deal ... same routine as always. We all showed our recommends and walked into the foyer/lobby area (or whatever it's called). My dad started talking to someone he knew and we were just standing around. All of a sudden I heard MOMD call my name. I turned around and he was still at the recommend desk. His recommend expired TWO WEEKS AGO! What?? MOMD couldn't come in!?! All of a sudden I was torn. Since we drove everyone to the temple, MOMD would need to come BACK to pick everyone up. WHAT DO I DO? Do I leave with him and then come back later OR do I stay with the rest of my family and do the dinner (which is already paid for) and the session. I ended up staying at the temple (probably because food was involved). Holy cow -- Talk about an object lesson! I know that this entire experience sounds trivial (but it wasn't to me) and I was obviously in an emotional frame of mind -- but the whole thing stunk. Each time I moved to a new area in the temple (chapel, room for the session, Celestial room, even the cafeteria) the first thing I did was to scan the crowd for MOMD. Of course in a split second I would remember/realize that he wasn't there and wouldn't be there. Even though I was surrounded by my family, it wasn't the same. If I ever forgot how important MOMD was to me, this situation reminded me how much he means to me and how thankful I am for that goofy guy. I never want to be without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good experience to have, I think. I too never want to be without Kenny!
You have so much insight. I wonder if that's how some of us may feel later on- scary thought, huh? How was the cafeteria dinner?
That's a good lesson and very fitting because you two were obviously a match made in Heaven. :)
Susan Hi!!!!!!! It's so good to see that you have a blog and it looks like you're a pro. I may need to take lessons from you. :) It's addicting isn't it? So how are you doing? Are you working 4 days a week? I want to come up there to say hi to everyone, maybe I'll wait and bring Karli since I will be on maternity leave for a while. I will have to check back often to see what fun things you've been up to on your blog. It was so nice to hear from you!
Post a Comment