Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference

I am SO BLESSED! I just finished listening to conference and feel like I had so many little nudges from the speakers - they were saying exactly what I needed to hear. How do they do that? And what about everybody else listening - don't they feel bad? :) It was an answer to my prayers to hear the many testimonies about President Monson. I think a favorite moment for me (regarding President Monson) was when he talked about his wife, right before ending the conference. He seemed so real, so much like a regular man who loves his wife, instead of an unattainable, out-of-reach personality. I love the personal side to him. I love the sense of humor that I'm being allowed to see. Again, after watching conference, I'm inspired to try a little harder and to be a little better. Anyone who knows me would say that I have great room for improvement. It will probably be a step forward and a half step back but I hope over time, I'll make some progress.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I liked hearing that too about his wife, etc...and seeing his personality a bit. Good conference...didn't hear as much of it as I wanted. I always seemed to have a monkey or two climbing on me. I'll have to read the ensign. Love you!!!

snakeriverwalton said...

My 8 year old said it felt like some of them were talking just to her- but that's not possible 'cause I think most of them were talking just to me!