Okay, so it really is 2 in the AM! Why am I up before the crack of butt? Mostly because I'm (turning into) an old woman and am going through a period of insomnia. What's up with that? It's so frustrating to someone who LOVES sleep.
Anyway, while I was lying in bed (day) dreaming about sleep my mind was in a whirl. You know that feeling -- your mind can't settle down and you are reviewing the previous days events and all those who have done you wrong? (And yesterday I had been done wrong - let me tell you ... from the minute I stepped out of my car and FELL DOWN ("stupid Security Officers - why don't they have salt on the slick spots in the parking lot?") to when I got HONKED AT when I was driving home ("stupid driver - I can't freaking believe they can't slow down for 5 seconds to let me in - they have to stop at the upcoming light anyway") to all the crud in between. All of a sudden the little light bulb turned on above my head (you know how it does in cartoons?) and I realized/remembered that everybody is just doing their best. Nobody wakes up in the morning and thinks, "I think I'll drive like an idiot today," or "I'll see how many people I can rile up at work". EVERYBODY IS JUST DOING THEIR BEST. True, sometimes they don't have a lot to work with (hee hee) but they are just doing their best. The person that honked at me is probably blogging right now (okay - maybe not) about how I pulled in front of them and really ticked them off. I hope they remember that I was just doing my best.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I need a good heart like yours. maybe I could get one from the Wizard. Thanks for keeping our perspectives real!
Ahhh...loved this post. Thank you for a well needed reminder. You are the best!! I was up last night at 3 am tossing and turning until 5 am...next time I think I'll blog too! by the way, how's your rear end? Ouch!
No...I think some people really do wake up and say, "I'm going to be an idiot today!" Well, at least it feels like it, but I'm glad you have such a good attitude about it and remind me to do the same. Kayla just spilled a whole thing of hot bean w/bacon soup all over the kitchen floor and I pretty much lost it...it's been a really long day. I have to remember she was just doing her best and I easily could have been the one to spill the bean soup. thanks again for the reminder. I have to go get the beans out from between my toes now. sleep better tonight.
Post a Comment