This past week I've been trying to step "outside the box" of myself. I'm trying not to be so self-absorbed. I've decided to try and be more friendly with my fellow Trax riders. There is one man that I ride the train with and we each sit in the same seats everyday, directly across the aisle from each other. I started saying good morning to him and he gives me the head nod. That's good, isn't it? I'm stepping out of my comfort zone.
Last Friday morning as I was stepping "outside the box" at the Trax station I said good morning to a lady who was waiting for a train. Her response to me was, "See that flare up there in the sky?" I looked up and in an otherwise cloudless sky, saw a tiny wisp of a cloud barely about the mountain top that was illuminated with pre-sunrise light. I said to her, "You mean that cloud?" She said, "That's not a cloud. That's a UFO." She started fumbling in her purse as I tried to wipe the skepticism off my face. Then she said, "Shoot! It landed on the mountain and I didn't get my camera out in time!" She then pointed out that even though the UFO had landed on the mountain, the mountain wasn't on fire. Amazing! She started telling me that this was not her first experience with a UFO. She told me that one morning she was up at about 5:00 a.m. and looked outside and saw three UFO's "flying equidistant from each other". Evidently she didn't have a camera then either. I just kept listening to her; all the while slowly moving away from her to my own area of the platform. It was a very interesting experience.
When I told my family about it they all gave me the Stranger Danger talk and said not to talk to anyone anymore. They even told me not to say good morning to the man that I see everyday because he will think I am hitting on him. I think I will be staying "inside my box" from now on.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I want to know what kooky stories you plan to tell next week to your fellow riders. Tell us all at Heber.
Stay inside your box...but start carrying a camera...that way you will never miss a UFO shot again!!
I know from past experience that some of the most interesting people in Utah ride UTA and now Trax. You're so lucky to get to "know" these people. Make sure you don't accept candy from any of them!
Post a Comment