
What's wrong with this picture of our family calendar? ... Can you figure it out? Notice the time period this is for - MARCH 2007 to AUGUST 2008. Who's the mental giant who thought that was an appropriate time frame for a calendar? By the time I got around to buying a 2007 calendar a few months had passed so I thought I was getting a great deal on this little gem. What an idiot I was! Guess what happened when August 2008 came and went? I HAD NO CALENDAR! Just try to find a calendar at this time of year for the four remaining months of the year. I toyed with the idea of just printing something off from the computer, but that seemed like giving up. I trudged on looking for a 2008 calendar wherever I went, traveling far and wide. My persistence finally paid off! I was at Seagull Book and as I was heading toward the cashier I thought to myself, "Go look at the clearance items". Of course I obey everything I say to myself, so I did. Lo and behold, I found a new calendar AND it was 70% off the original price of $15.95. Woo hoo! I love a deal! I snatched that calendar up without caring what the pictures or theme was. I ran to the cashier clutching it close to my body in case some other shopper tried to steal it from me. When I got to the cashier, I was thrilled to hear that the price had dropped even lower; it was on sale for $1.99! WOW! I'm going to buy all my calendars in September (oh wait - no, I'm not ...). Anyway, here is the new calendar. I'm sure my family will be blessed for having it in our house (and not just because we'll know what day it is).

3 comments:
I don't know who thought of that? maybe they had a missprint and those we the only dates that were right?
I love your stories. :)
and now, thanks to winning @ our office retreat, you have another 2009 calendar. yea for you!
Post a Comment