Okay - I never recommend books. I am a much more simple minded soul that most of the people I associate with. If I were to recommend something like Dick and Jane (my typical type of reading material) my friends and associates would laugh me into the fetal position. A couple of months ago I read an interesting article about a couple who had sex for 101 days IN A ROW (not in their lifetime). The article was so funny that I decided to read the book. It was a hoot! It's not a book about sex (well I guess it is ...) but about a relationship and what this couple does to try to jazz their relationship up. (The intimate parts are not described in detail although we do have occasional position descriptions.) All throughout their quest they fight children, the daily grind (ha ha - I said "grind"), illness, etc. I thought it was a great book. It made me laugh out loud in some parts and think in other parts. I will not recommend it to the Ward book club but if you are a little curious and dare check it out from the library (I did), give it a try. I hope no one will be offended by this suggestion. It's a fun read. It's called Just Do It; How One Couple Turned Off The TV and Turned On Their Sex Lives For 101 Days (No Excuses!)


4 comments:
wow- that sounds like quite a ride-haha. I'll definitely check it out. It can't be worse than Breaking Dawn.
I'm going to reserve this book now...We need a bit of help!
I'm a friend of Adrian's and I just have to say this post cracked me up! I love your comment about the "grind". So funny. This sounds like a book for me. I like to live on the edge, shhh, don't tell the RS President!
Oh Susan, I totally miss you! I'm here reading your blog laughing so hard! I think I will have to check this book out for sure and your post on "Good Things Utah" is hilarious. I've actually been wanting to be a guest on it and that made me want to kick things up a notch and make it happen. :) I love your posts! :)
Post a Comment