Okay, I'll admit it. I was beyond cold. Some might even call it frigid. (I know I would.) My husband saved our marriage and my sanity with a $3.00 purchase. What kind of device could possibly do so much to improve my life? Well, I'll tell you. He surprised me with an air deflector! What a sweetheart! I've never loved him more...
Early this summer we had central air installed. Great - our family has finally come into the new millennium. It was awesome for about the first 15 minutes until I started growing an icicle mustache (I might have a few stray hairs growing under my nose). Anyway, my family thinks that the ideal temperature in the house is a brisk 72 degrees. I know 72 doesn't sound low, but think of this. The vents are in our ceiling. I usually spend my time on the loveseat in my bedroom (directly under the vent) or actually in bed (again, directly under the vent). Central air that has been chilled to 72 degrees is freezing when it is blowing right on you! I could cut glass with my nipples. I had to be careful doing my hair in the morning because I actually scratched the mirror a couple of times (with my rock hard nips)! I have been freezing since that fateful day. I have been wearing house slippers constantly, no more bare feet for me. Once those footsies got cold, they never got warm. I wore socks to bed with one sheet, two quilts, one bedspread, and a throw on top of me. (I am not kidding.) The boys kept telling me I needed to go to the doctor because something was obviously wrong with me.
The other day MOMD came home and told me he has a surprise for me! I love surprises. When he showed me what it was (an air deflector), I didn't understand the magnitude of the purchase. My sweet husband climbed up on a chair, put the air deflector over the vent and now the freezing air is directed into the room and not onto me. My life and our relationship have improved significantly. I can now read in my loveseat and not even have a blanket OR slippers on. I think the best part though is that I no longer feel like a bear in hibernation under all my covers. Last night I think I even was a little hot ...
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can just see you under the pile of blankets when it's 102 degrees outside. You kill me.
Oh, my. I was happy to hear it was an air deflector. From your first paragraph I thought you were going to tell us about the new "toy" in your relationship. Whew...and try band-aids on those glass cutters, works like a charm.
I can't let my husband read this post or he might take away the air deflector.
Yes, you need the cookbook...or just get the recipe from me. I am so into bread making because it is so dang easy. Artisan bread is just the fancy word for the baquettes, french bread, etc..that have the hard crust and soft middle. You can do so much with the bread too. My boys cant get enough. Anyone can make this and have it work out. You make a batch, stick it in your fridge, and pull from it whenever you want to bake a fresh loaf. The mix is good for two weeks in your fridge. Love it! Let me know if you want the recipe.
I am happy to hear that your nips survived a few weeks in the freezing tundra of Salt Lake City in the middle of July!!
Post a Comment