Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Whirlwind of December

It's been such a long while since I posted ... here's December in a nutshell: went to work, made Christmas gifts for Relief Society ladies, Relief Society Christmas party, dinner with friends, Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert (you know how I love the Choir), mad dash to finish Christmas cards (same story, different year), realization that just because you have THOUGHT of what to give someone doesn't mean you have actually bought and wrapped it (seriously), cooked for MOMD and his work party, family parties, shoveled snow, mailed missionary packages, shed many tears for a dear friend who just received a horrible diagnosis, finally took around my neighbor gifts, shopped and wrapped for Sub for Santa (no wrapped presents yet under MY tree, but Sub for Santa family is taken care of), went to the high school concert to see my cute nephew play the drums, enjoyed the annual viewing of White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, started making presents for RS ladies in the ward to give them on their birthday (for those born in January), read a darling book I recommend to everyone for next Christmas called "The Autobiography of Santa Claus" (it makes perfect sense and since Santa wrote it, I know it's true!), ate more than my share, and am constantly amazed at how much people love each other and show it at this time of year. And it's only December 23rd! Merry Christmas everybody!

3 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

Merry Christmas SuzyQ. It's good to see you're still around.

Gail said...

Missed you, my friend. Have a wonderful, safe, peaceful Christmas! Love Ya.

Adrian said...

Love you. I watched White Christmas this year and thought of you. You sound so busy...miss you and cant wait to get together again. Hugs and happy holidays!!