Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!

At the risk of sounding sappy let me just say ... I am so blessed! My life, marriage, and kids aren't perfect but I am extremely happy. I am enjoying the best stage of my life. I feel like it's a blessing to even recognize that I feel this way! A few things I have to be grateful for:

Family - Of course those boneheads top my list ... what would I do without their humor, their sarcasm, their support and love, and the way they knock me off my soap box when I get carried away?

Friends - You girls know who you are - my life has been changed forever because of you (I'm not kidding). If we hadn't gone away for that first scrapping trip all those years ago, I'd be an inmate at a jail or loony bin by now. (I know that last statement isn't politically correct, but I'm just keepin' it real here.)

My Testimony - I love that it's grown this past year and I love that I recognize how much I value it.

Quiet Music - Love that soft music ... it soothes my soul.

Books - Books are my retreat, my way to ground and calm myself. I'd die without books. I pray I never go blind! (I'm serious.)

Snacks - I love snacks! When I say I'd die without snacks, I'm not talking starvation - I love treats!

Humor/Laughter - What would I do without great big loud explosive belly laughs? My family and friends seem to keep me supplied with reasons to laugh.

The Internet - I love that I can keep "in touch" with my friends without ever talking to them or actually writing them a letter. I know that sounds extremely lazy, but I'm being honest here. I also love that I can look up pretty much anything and find out about it on the Internet. Most of you probably don't remember going to the library, finding the encyclopedia, and looking up your subject. You were out of luck if someone was already looking at the volume of encyclopedia you needed. The Internet is amazing. And don't even get me started on Internet shopping ...

As 2008 ends and 2009 begins I am grateful for the little cocoon of peace, stability, and love that my family and I share. I hope (and pray) that we can sustain that cocoon for another year and that at the end of 2009 I will be able to say again that I have been blessed.

3 comments:

Gail said...

You don't realize how lucky we feel to be your friends and part of your life. Happy new year to you!

Adrian said...

I feel the same. Can I copy and paste your entry onto my blog? Love you!

snakeriverwalton said...

I agree with the other two scrappy ladies- we are lucky to be your frineds! Can't wait for this year. And I think your bonehead family is pretty cool too.