Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halloween at the Happiest Place On Earth


MOMD, my brother-in-law (Trace), sister-in-law (Juanita), and I were lucky enough (blessed) to go to Disneyland over Halloween. Oh my heck! You know how much I love anything Disney! You should see it at Halloween time. Amazing! We had an incredible time. MOMD and I flew in on Thursday a.m. and spent the entire day in the parks. Juanita and Trace had their original flight canceled (they found out on the way to the airport), so they didn't get to California until Thursday evening. We spent Friday and Saturday together in the parks riding the rides, shopping, and watching the people. We returned to real life and home on Sunday afternoon. It was a great weekend! I don't have words for how much fun it was.

We were lucky enough to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel (beautiful, incredible; they made ghosts out of our wash cloths on Halloween - how's that for fun?), so we were close enough to walk to the parks everyday. The balcony of our room overlooked Downtown Disney. It was like living "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". Trace and Juanita had a room right next to us. Here is the view from our balcony.

We ate incredible food at every meal - MOMD and I are kind of food slackers - give us a drive through window any day, but Trace and Juanita know where to go for the good stuff. (We need to hang out with them more often.)

Check out the pictures below ... We were hanging out one day in Disneyland waiting for a parade when some Disney "Cast Members" (that's what the employees are called) were standing near us. I started talking to them. I asked if I could get a picture of them since they were my "peeps". (That's what us cool people call our friends.) They were good sports because they agreed to the picture (but I know in their heart of hearts they yearn to be included in my group of peeps).

After the picture taking love-fest, they told me that since we were all peeps, they wanted to give me this:

I know you can't read it, but it says that I'm an HONORARY CITIZEN OF DISNEYLAND! Can you believe it? How did they know that in my wildest dreams I could not have asked for anything more? (With the possible exception of winning the showcase showdown on the Price Is Right ...) Life is good!

One of the funnest parts of the entire trip was watching the people. I know, I know - I could stay home and do that BUT have you ever watched people in Downtown Disney on Halloween while listening to live music with the love of your life? Life doesn't get much better than that.

Let me explain just a bit about the people we were watching. Since it was Halloween, we had a lot of folks dressed up (in costume). I think they were going the House of Blues or some place fancy because none of my friends look like that on Halloween. Anyway, we had two different types of women in costume. We had the young, curvaceous gals thinking that this would be a good opportunity to show some skin and be sexy in their little witch/nurse/school girl costume and we also had the above 50 crowd that thought they were the part of the young and curvaceous crowd. (Picture me in a slinky gold Cleopatra outfit - I'm not kidding.) It was a hoot. My favorite costumes though were the families dressed as the "Incredibles". Can you picture your husband or boyfriend wearing the red Incredible tights outfit with the fake muscles? I especially liked the drawn on masks. It was a crack-up!

Here's a few pictures to show more of the fun.



5 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

I am so jealous that you are an Honary Citizen of Disneyland. I want to be one too!

snakeriverwalton said...

love the digital scrappin at the end. I'm so jealous- disneyland is way more fun than potty training.

Becky said...

SO fun! & great job on the digital scrappin'!
So can you be a citizen of Disneyland AND an American citizen ? You must be one of those cool people with dual citizenship. You & Jay could start a club (well when he becomes an American). :)

Adrian said...

You are just too cute. And look at you digital scrapper!!

Gail said...

What a fun trip. I love how you love Disneyland. Your inner kid shines right through.