Sunday, February 7, 2010

New Year, New (Late) Start!

Since it's been 150 years since I last posted, I believe it's about time. I'll give a recap of what's been going on since the beginning of 2010.

I have been to four viewings (as in funeral viewings, not movie viewings). One person was a husband of my friend, one was my friend, one was my neighbor (and friend), and the last was the grandson of a guy MOMD's works with. That's enough. Really.

I have sat in the waiting room during two surgeries. One for my mom (deadening the nerves in her knee so she wouldn't have pain) and one for my dad (gall bladder). That's enough.

I have been to three movies ... Did You Hear About The Morgans?, Blindside, and Avatar. I usually don't attend that many movies in a year, let alone a month. That's enough.

My last two Saturdays have been at the church for meetings. That is definitely enough!

Some new people have moved into our ward and have begun sitting in our seats (both in the chapel and in our Sunday School room). I have personally taken offense to this, so today we got to church 45 minutes before the meeting began. We got our seats. (The other people didn't show up at all - I showed them!) I know that the flow of the ward was once again in balance and harmony because we were sitting in our rightful seats.

I saved the most exciting news for last. Right before Christmas we started itching to add a new family member. We APPLIED FOR ADOPTION (I'm not kidding) to Wag 'N Train Pet Rescue in Ephraim. I had to fill out an application, give two references that were not family members (both of my references were called), as well as my vet's name and number. We also had a telephone interview. We were trying to adopt "Biscuit". Our adoption was approved on Christmas Eve and we were so excited. Since Wag 'N Train is a pet rescue, all the animals are in "foster" homes. The lady that was fostering Biscuit was out of town for the holidays. We waited through Christmas and New Year's and finally Wag 'N Train called us and told us that Biscuit's foster mom had decided to keep her. Our hearts were broken. We started looking on ksl.com and answered a few ads, but one was a scam and the other's were gone before we acted.

One Monday evening I was home alone. I looked at ksl.com just for fun and saw a new ad for puppies. They were a mix of Llasa Apso, poodle, etc. I called the familly and asked when I could go to their home to look at the puppies. The family said to come right then. I stopped at the ATM and withdrew enough money to buy a puppy (just in case). I got to this family's home and they had four adult dogs (that I saw) and seven puppies. Oh my heck! The puppies were adorable. I had been reading all the things to do (the little tests) before choosing an appropriate puppy for your family. That all flew out the window when one little girl and one little boy crawled up on me. It was as if Cupid shot me with a couple of arrows. I was in love. Who cares if I didn't have enough money for two puppies? Who cares that my family didn't know I was getting one, let alone two puppies? Who cares that I didn't have puppy food, bowls, toys, beds, blah, blah, blah? I was like a cartoon character with those little hearts floating above my head. Yes - I am a dork; but could you turn your back on these little faces?


Their names are Buddy and Sissy (remember the movie "Urban Cowboy"? - "Oh Bud", "Oh, Sissy" and say it with a drawl). When we took them to the vet for their first shots a couple of weeks ago, Buddy weighed exactly 4 lbs and Sissy weighed exactly 3 lbs. When Sissy got her shot, she cried and cried. Buddy didn't even flinch.

As they are developing their personalities we are finding that they are extremely naughty. Sissy is the trouble maker of the group. I heard her squealing the other day and thought that Buddy was playing too hard with her. When I finally saw them, they weren't even touching, she was just carrying on, trying to get him into trouble. ("Mom - he's looking at me!") Sissy is also much braver than Buddy. She was the first one to try stairs and run into the neighbor's yard. Buddy is a big lug now compared to her. She can jump on the couch, but he can't even though he's bigger. When you sit down, Buddy is content to sit BESIDE you, but Sissy has to sit ON THE HIGHEST POINT on your body (my boobs).(That last statement makes me think my boobs must grow out the top of my head ...) That's so not comfortable. They both POOP A LOT (and it stinks)! We think we are doing really good with taking them outside and then they come inside and go to the bathroom. What's up with that?

Anyway - hopepfully this year I'll do better with blogging. I'll keep you updated on the kids (and I don't mean FOS and FYS, although they are doing well also.)

5 comments:

Becky said...

cute!! I love your new additions. :)

Brent and Jessica said...

Oh your pups are so cute and I am so happy that after 150 years you have decided to post!

snakeriverwalton said...

so good to hear from you. I really wish you'd have told me you wanted a dog, because I've been trying to get rid of mine forever. See you soon!

Gail said...

You know, I thought the universe had been out of alignment for the past 150 years, but it was just because you hadn't blogged. All is well now. I can go on! Sissy and Buddy are so cute. I am so happy for you...except for the whole stinky poop part. :)

Adrian said...

Oh my goodness those puppies are adorable. You must be busy! How fun. Please dont wait another 150 years to post. Now that you have 2 new babies, you have to update us on their changes, growth, the silly things they say, etc!!! Love you!