This past Friday was SO MUCH fun! MOMD, his mom, and I drove up to Round Valley, Utah (near Bear Lake). MOMD has a friend that lives there (he met him a couple of years ago through hunting with his brother). This guy (Clint) has a farm with a bunch of weird animals. All the animals
know their names and
come when you call them. It was amazing! It was so much fun. Clint had an alpaca, two llamas (Dali Llama and Tony Llama), a mother and daughter yak (Sherpa and Lottie), three donkeys (I can’t remember their names but they have a dark cross on their backs because it was their ancestors that carried Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem – cute, huh?), a zillion peacocks and babies, a zillions ducks (weird kinds too, like African quackless ducks) and babies, numerous miniature horses, a miniature Brahma bull (Shooter), two raccoons (Ranger and Rascal), turkeys, and fallow deer. All the animals I have mentioned eat FROM YOUR HAND(except for the ducks, turkeys, and peacocks) and I FED THEM! It was awesome! They all live in a big area together in a giant pen. We walked amongst/among? (whatever) them and petted them. I can’t even describe it. I’ll bet that’s how the Garden of Eden was. I kept saying to MOMD, "Take a picture of ME with ______ ". Here are a few pictures of the animals along with me being "Dr. Doolittle”.
I am not in this picture but you can see one of the yaks as well as a donkey.

Me and Rascal enjoying a little treat ... sorry about the hair (mine, not Rascal's).

Look at me with these sweet girls! They were both leaning into me so heavily that I could have lifted my feet off the ground and still stayed upright.
3 comments:
Susie...that last picture is of you stuck between two ASSES!! Sometimes I feel like that is the story of my life...or maybe I just feel like I HAVE two ASSES...I dont know. Anyway, cute story. He must of been an interesting fella to keep so many interesting animals.
ade's comment is so funny!! I love the hairy yak- this is where our next retreat should be!!
My cat has hairy yaks all the time (furballs)! This looks like so much fun. I think you were a zoo keeper in your former life. I would love to hear how he trained all of these animals.
Post a Comment