The last time I posted was a month ago. We have had much happening in our home since then. Here's a few updates:
1. Our sweet Butch (our four-legged child) turned 19 on February 18. We don't know if that's really the day he was born, but we've always "celebrated" his birthday on that day. Can you believe a dog could live for 19 years? Come to think of it, he's not really living in the true sense of the word. He goes to the bathroom on our deck (it's a poop deck), he sleeps all day and night, and he can only walk on three legs at one time (not always the same three). Every morning we check to see if he is still breathing. I don't know what we'll do when he decides to "walk towards the light". I tell him almost everyday that it's okay if he needs to leave us. Okay, I'm starting to cry. Let's move on.
2. MOMD had a colonoscopy! That was fun. You do stuff like that when you're 50. He was pretty cranky before his test but he did just fine. When the doctor showed me the pictures taken during the test (of his colon, not him lying exposed in all his glory on the exam table!) I was surprised to see that he wasn't full of sh*t as I had always thought. :)
Add on after the post: When I spellchecked this post, the word COLONOSCOPY came up as incorrectly spelled and suggested I replace it with KALEIDOSCOPE. Now THAT would have been fun!
3. We went to the Draper Temple open house. A fun time was had by all. I loved it!
4. I ran into the pole of our carport with the car. Good times! #%&@#
5. We have ALL been sick. We've had the crud that's going around and someone at our house has been coughing and whining since Christmas. Earlier this week, I told my family I had lost the will to live. I think I have regained the will to live so I guess I'm getting better.
6. I have had two mammograms in the last two weeks. My boobs look like beaver tails, but I'll be fine.
All in all, we're (relatively) healthy and always happy!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've been supposed to get my baseline mammogram for a year now- I KNOW i should do it, just haven't. I can't say you're inspiring me with your beaver tail reference.
It's about time we get a "susan fix". I'm glad to hear your still kickin'... or maybe now flappin' since that mammogram. Thanks for the laugh. Can't wait for the 27th. :)
Suzie Q....you always make me laugh. I am glad your alive. Cant wait to see you and your flappy boobs!
Post a Comment