Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Visit to the Doctor

On Monday MOMD and I had eye appointments. This was not our first time to the eye doctor. I have worn glasses for years and he has had his eyes checked for years. I thought reading an eye chart was a pretty simple task (if you could see the chart). When MOMD was asked to read the chart he started reading it from right to left INSTEAD of left to right! (Maybe he thought he was Chinese or maybe he was momentarily dyslexic.) This is what it was like. If the chart said:

F S T Z O

he read it as:

O Z T S F

What??? Are you kidding me? He did this THREE TIMES with two different doctors. The first doctor told him to "start at the other end" so he did, but then read it backwards again a few minutes later. When the second doctor came in and MOMD started reading it backwards I called him retarded.

I asked him later why he did that and he said he didn't know ... he was just reading the letters he could see.

Afterwards I started worrying that he had a tumor or some medical condition and he couldn't differentiate which end of the line to read from. I asked him and he said he didn't have anything wrong. My question is this -- if he did, would he know?

He's a weirdo, but I love him. (I'll just have to help him study prior to his next eye exam.)

3 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

I think he's just trying to be unique.

snakeriverwalton said...

Actually, I think maybe he'd do this just to make you think something is wrong. How does he do reading aloud?

Adrian said...

He was just giving you something to blog about...what a considerate man!