
Don't you just hate giving up on something, especially when it still works? Here's my original mixer given to MOMD and I on our wedding day (February 24, 1978). (Please note some dried on food that is also 30 years old.) Although it's not used often (maybe that's why it lasted 30 years), it smokes every time I use it. Today was the perfect day for cookie making and I didn't feel like I could stand the smoke and burnt motor smell. I decided to lay my beloved mixer to rest. Goodbye faithful mixer ... I went down to Wal-Mart and bought a spanking new mixer for $16.00. Do you think it will last 30 years?

4 comments:
I really think you should hold on to it...it might be worth something some day.
It's funny how we attach meaning to objects. I do it to. I think you should buy a shelf, hang the shelf, and stick the blender smack dab on the middle of it. Or...use it as a centerpiece and place plastic flowers in the beaters. LOVELY!!! PS...your new blender will be dead in less than 5 years...quaranteed. They just dont make em like they used too!!!
you may be the most careful person I know! I still have some original potholders from my wedding, but I actually just burned my hand through a hole in one this morning.
Can't you put this is some museum somewhere since it's so old?
Post a Comment