Today the ladies in my ward went to
GOOD THINGS UTAH, so I tagged along. I took my Aunt Lou with me because she is fun and is agreeable to doing things with me (MOMD probably pays her to take some of the pressure off of him). It was really fun and I got to be on TV! (More on that later ...)
The studio is much smaller than it looks on TV and the ladies on the show are very thin. Even all the little helper girls are very thin and cute too, wearing stylish clothes (high, high heels with shorts - you know, the shorts that are to the knees but shorter than capris?) and everyone had full MAKEUP on (I'm not talking mascara, I'm talking the whole kit and kaboodle). What's up with that? I felt like Betty the Cavewoman.
Anyway, the host ladies were very nice, the announcer was very nice (I sat right in front of where he stood to announce) and the guests were fun. Our main guests were Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical (playing at the Capitol Theater). I don't know their real names and I'm not even sure if that's their HSM names ... I have never seen HSM! They were both cute. While we were waiting outside the studio (notice how I've already picked up on the TV lingo by saying "studio") we saw Joy from Joy in the Morning get out of her car and walk in (she said "hi" to us - and I think she noticed that I have great "stage presence" - I hope she also noticed how good I looked on camera) and we also saw the chef from Grand America get out of his car, but he didn't say anything to us (he drove a Hummer).
We got some free stuff too. We got two tickets to the Parade of Homes (also good for free admittance to Hogle Zoo and This is the Place State Park), a recipe for Peach Pot Pie (looked yummy when they made it), and also a Breast Cancer Awareness Key Chain. We made out like fat rats! See my stash in the picture below.
And now, here's what you've all been waiting for ... drum roll please ... Can you see me in the top corner (I'm the one that looks like a seal). That's Aunt Lou next to me. Look how much fun we're having! Excuse the quality of the pictures because I left my camera in the car, so this picture was taken off the TV (yes, I recorded it just in case I was on). Even with the poor quality, I think I look stunning!(?)

Here is a better close up of me below. That's my shoulder! I've never looked better - oh wait - is that a roll of fat? (The cute lady below my shoulder was being shown because it was her birthday. I go visiting teaching to her. She is a doll, as you can see.)

It was fun and I'd do it again (especially with the free stuff - doesn't Oprah give out cars?)!
As a side note - would someone please buy me a thesaurus ... look how many times I said the words cute and fun in this post. I guess you can't have brains and beauty ...
4 comments:
I thought you looked adorable too!
Thats right Susan...you cant have both, and you got the looks...not so much the brains!! J/K!!! You are a hoot...please post daily so I can have a bit of sunshine from you everyday!!! I could pay you...in pennies!
ps...did you wear you 5 inch heels or your flats?
I always knew you were a superstar. I tivo GTU every day so I am going to watch you over and over and over.
Post a Comment